Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Begin again

Today was the first day of teacher meetings for the 2012 school year.  This is my second year teaching and I am torn between feeling more confident and experienced as I enter this year and feeling less confident and insecure that I haven't prepared or learned as much as I wanted to from the first trial by fire that was last year.  Time will tell.

I decided to use this blog as a less censured forum for talking about teaching and growing as a teacher.  I wrote every Friday a short paragraph or two on my classroom website last year.  However, the message was presented to both parents and students as a motivational reflection on what we did and accomplished throughout the week.  This blog should be something more of a under the hood expression that is geared for other new teachers or teachers in general.

This post is simply a breaching of the silence that has gripped my writing of late.  I really need to get back into the practice of putting words down on paper. It will make me a better teacher and the skill of writing is something that I have been proud.  I don't want to see my skills atrophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment